Friday, July 15, 2011

Demolition Derby 2009

I have been a fan of the demolition derby since childhood.  My dad and I spent countless Sunday afternoons at the Ventura fairgrounds watching the derby.  Those were the days when pretty much anything goes.  I remember seeing car carriers with 10 or 12 cars lined up on them ready for their turn in the mud.  As I have gotten older, the spectator role has been replaced with participation. And within the last 10 years, putting cars together, mostly for other people.  The thought of my already beat up body enduring countless collisions, just doesn't appeal to me, like it once did.  I really enjoy being able to put thought into something, put it together, and not care whether my welds look good or the panels line up.  With that said, I still fight the urge to over think things.  For instance, today I was final wiring the car for this weekend.  I have all the wiring and trans cooler lines routed perfectly and was about ready to make clamps so everything could be cleanly bolted to the floor.  I had to stop myself, as I was about to spend a couple hours on something that will be cut out less than a week from now...  Here are some photos of a powder puff car I did a couple of years ago...  This car lives on, as I use the same engine, trans, rearend, and cage in every car.  I built another Regal for this year, for a very crazy lady...  If she is heading toward you, get the HELL out of the way....




This is the GOOD side.  Girls seem to obey the DO NOT HIT on the driver side rule.  The passenger side was beat beyond recognition.  Looks good for 2nd place...  If not for a broken trans cooler line, it would have won...

No comments:

Post a Comment