I am not sure what it is about crashing cars, but for some reason, I enjoy watching it. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, as most of what I build, nobody wanted. That was why I ended up with it...
|This is our driver. She is almost as tall as the car. And the roof lost and inch when I cut it to put the cage in... (note: you will see why the trunk lid and quarters are creased in the next photos)|
|This is the good side|
|It folded up like a toothpaste tube, that is why it was pre-bent. Frame rails are still pointed straight out.|
|It looks so nice in front of the house...|
|Still some distance between the waterpump and radiator. It did shear the upper hose off the radiator, but I expected that. Put it back on and we are back in business.|
All in all, it did very well. I anticipated that something in the drivetrain would give out as I have used everything for a few years. I guess it has another round in it, as we drove it on the trailer, and I took it to lunch the other day. The plan is to put another front clip on it, beat the rear around, and use it next year. Nobody can say we destroyed a perfectly good car for nothing. I have showed it more love than the crusher would have...